Express has made it easy for men to look their best with the 1MX shirt. This versatile shirt can be dressed up or down and is perfect for any occasion.
But what do you do when it gets dirty? How to wash an Express 1MX shirt? In this article, we will explain how to properly wash your Express 1MX shirt so that it lasts long and looks great every time you wear it!
So, aren’t you interested to know more? If your answer is yes, then please keep reading.
What is an Express 1MX Shirt?
Express 1MX shirt is a wrinkle-resistant dress shirt made of 100 percent cotton. It is designed to be easy to care for and can be machine-washed and tumble-dried. The shirt is available in both long and short sleeve styles.
How an Express Shirt is Made?
The fabric for an Express shirt is first milled in Japan from the finest cotton in the world. The yarns are then sent to Italy, where they are woven into a high-quality poplin fabric. The fabric is then shipped to China, where the shirt is cut and sewn.
Do Express Shirts Shrink?
No, Express shirts are pre-shrunk, so they will not shrink when washed. However, it is important to follow the care instructions on the label to ensure that your shirt retains its shape and size.
How to Wash Your Express 1MX Shirt?
Express 1MX shirts are easy to care for and can be machine-washed and tumble-dried. Here are some easiest methods you can use to wash your shirt.
Machine Wash in the Cold Cycle
The advantage of cold washing your Express shirt is that it will help to retain the shirt’s size and shape. In addition, cold washing in a gentler cycle will help to reduce the risk of wrinkles or damage to the fabric.
- Add your shirt to the washing machine.
- Pour in some mild detergent.
- Set the cycle to cold and select a gentle cycle.
- Tumble dry on low or hang to dry.
Hand Wash in Cold Water
If you prefer to hand wash your Express shirt, you can do so using cold water.
- Fill a sink or basin with cold water.
- Add your shirt to the water and soak for a few minutes.
- Pour in some mild detergent and agitate the water to create suds.
- Wash the shirt using gentle motions.
- Rinse the shirt in clean, cold water.
- Try rolling them in a towel and tumbling dry on low or hang to dry.
Tips for Your Express 1MX Shirt
- Always follow the care instructions on the shirt’s label.
- If you are unsure about how to wash your shirt, take it to a professional laundry service.
- Avoid using bleach or other harsh chemicals on your shirt. These can damage the fabric and cause fading.
- Avoid ironing the shirt if possible. If you must iron, use a low setting and avoid ironing over the buttons or embellishments.
- Hang your shirt to dry whenever possible. This will help to prevent wrinkles and damage to the fabric.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Express dress shirt shrink?
Yes, a dress shirt shrinks significantly if not taken care of properly.
Do Express 1MX shirt shrinks after the first wash?
The Express 1MX shirt is a wrinkle-resistant dress shirt made of 100 percent preshrunk cotton. It’s machine-washable and dryer-safe, so it’s a snap to keep clean.
Do Express 1MX shirts shrink after washing?
No, Express shirts are pre-shrunk and will not shrink when washed. However, it is important to follow the care instructions on the label to ensure that your shirt retains its shape and size.
Will dryer shrink express 1MX shirt?
The Express 1MX shirt is designed to be machine-washed and tumble-dried. However, drying the shirt in a dryer can cause it to shrink. But the reduction is limited, and it may be as little as 2% during the whole life of the shirt. It is best to hang the shirt to dry whenever possible.
Why did shirts have detachable collars?
One potential reason for detachable collars on shirts is so that they can be easily cleaned. If the collar gets dirty, it can be removed and washed separately from the rest of the shirt. This way you can keep the shirt looking clean and new. If you can inspect more about cleaning a detachable collar from a shirt, you will find it quite easy to do so.
So here you know now how to wash your express 1MX shirt without any hassle and also which method is best suited for it. Do let us know in the comment section below if you have any other queries.